Listing Your Pet on Petfinder.com
If you have a pet for adoption and would like your pet listed on our Petfinder.com site, your pet will need the following:
- Rabies vaccination
- Must be in good health
- No history of aggressive or biting behavior
- If they are already spayed or neutered they have a better chance of finding a home!
If your pet meets all of the requirements above, you must:
Email the following information along with the photo:
- Pet's Name
- Species — pick dog or cat
- Primary Breed
- Secondary Breed
- Is it mixed breed or pure-breed?
- Gender— pick male or female
- Size when grown — pick small, medium, large, extra large
- Age — pick baby, young, adult, senior
- Is it housetrained?
- Is it fixed?
- Is it current on vaccinations?
- Does it need a home without other dogs?
- Does it need a home without other cats?
- Does it need a home without young children?
- Write a descriptive paragraph about your pet. Really sell it her. What are his or her great qualities? Why are your rehoming the pet? Any endearing habits? And likes and dislikes? Can it do any tricks?
We must have a good photo of your pet and you must supply the above information in order for us to place your pet on Petfinder.com.
All people calling about pets on the website are referred to the current pet owner for final approval and placement. The pet owner and new owner make all arrangements on transferring pets, etc.
Your pet will be listed for free for three months. All inquiries will be referred to you; the Mobile SPCA does not screen or require an application for "courtesy listing" animals. It is the responsibility of the owner to determine the best home for their pet.