The Mobile SPCA is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization whose mission is to provide compassionate care, shelter, food, and medical attention to the animals entrusted to us while promoting adoptions, spay and neuter initiatives, responsible pet ownership and community education.
Run for Rescues Registration Now Open
The second annual Run For Rescues will be held Saturday, October 1 at the Grounds. There will be a 5K and Fun Run. Many of you asked for it and, yes, dogs are welcome to join their human runners this year! Register by mail (entries should be postmarked by September 15), in person at McCoy Outdoor, Run-N-Tri, or Fleet Feet in Mobile or Running Wild in Fairhope until Thurs, September 29, or online
until 4 AM Friday, September 30 or by downloading the registration form
. This was a fun event last year so please join us this year and bring your running buddy!
RUMMAGE SALE VOLUNTEERS:
We are looking for volunteers for our Giant Fall Rummage Sale. The dates are Friday October 7th and Saturday October 8th.
Regular shifts are 7am-11am or 11am-3pm. You are welcome to work a longer or double shift. It is a busy sale and we have all kinds of jobs that need doing. New volunteers are always welcome! Remember to wear your tennis shoes - no open-toed shoes please. Please let Peggy know
when you would like to volunteer or contact her with any questions. If you wear your purple volunteer t-shirt you get a free grilled hotdog/chips/drink lunch! Volunteer shirts are available in the main office for $10.
Supplies Needed for the Fish Fry!
If you can donate to the fish dinner, please let Janine know.
DONATED - 18 large cans of Bush's Baked Beans - Thank you Margie Irby, Paula Cash and Ginny McClinton
3 35# 18 qt Fry Oil
DONATED - 3 gallon jars of Zatarain's Fish Fry - Thank you Linda Mangold
1 case Splenda
DONATED - 1 case Sam Adams beer - Thank you Linda Mangold
3 bottles Moscato wine
7 boxes of fish
8 bags of hushpuppies
Thank you Margie Irby, Paula Cash and Ginny McClinton for baked beans, Linda Mangold for Zatarain's Fish Fry and Sam Adams beer, Tracey Bowen, Paula Cash, Wilma Lott, Linda Ledbetter, Ginny McClinton and Susan Thomas for desserts, Ginny McClinton for frying oil, Diann and George Ragazzo for fish and Carol Hunter for a cash donation.
RAFFLE ITEMS - SO FAR!
• Cat supply baskets
• Dog supply baskets
• Halloween dog basket
• Christmas dog basket
• Christmas cat basket
• Saints Dog Basket
• Small dog carrier with toys and blanket
• Large outdoor Planter
• Bird and Squirrel Basket with accessories
• Large Dog Bed with large bag of food
• Christmas Puppy Clock from Pat Spence
• Automatic Food Pet Feeder and Water Dispenser
• Foot and Back Massager from Melanie Landry
• Cat interactive wheel with bed
• Little Red Hen basket - includes Treat Spiral, top Fill Drinker and all weather top fill feeder
• Tropiclean Dog Basket - includes pet wipes, shampoo, ear cleaner, deodorizing spray
• One of a Kind - F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Fitzgerald dogs - designed and signed by Montgomery artist Mark Montoya. Value $50 - donated by Gloria and Jerry Bush
• Amazon Fire Tablet - donated by Marie Mudd
• Cast Iron Fajita Pan with 18 Piece total kitchen utensils - donated by Marie Mudd
• Breville - Panini Grill donated by Cynthia Tallant
• Seasonal Angels Signed Framed Print by Artist Frankie Buckley donated by Cynthia Tallant
• Magnolia Canvas donated by Cynthia Tallant
• Patio Gardening Framed Print donated by Cynthia Tallant
• Mommy and Me Pedicure donated by Smilz 'n Stylz
• Rag Rugs - donated by Abigail Reeves
• Hand Painted Treasures by Abigail Reeves
• One Canine or Feline yearly - donated by Westside Veterinary Hospital
• One spay or neuter donated by Irby-Overton Veterinary Hospital
• $25 Amazon Gift Card
• Basket of Homemade Bread by Susan Thomas
• Italian Cremé Cake by Susan Thomas
Raffle Donations Needed
Gift card, services and baked goodies are the best draws. Can you donate a gift card? Know a business you could ask? Have a service you'd like to donate and promote? Please contact Jody.